Sunday, October 10, 2010

So Much Fun!

Last October, I think, Alecia and Sarah held a workshop about Cool New Tools and Where to Find Them.  I had the pleasure of attending the workshop, and now, because I joined many of the sites during that workshop, regularly get e-mails wanting me to use them again.  I just received such an e-mail from the site, Xtranormal, and just for giggles began creating a really ridiculous political movie.  It featured Ronald Reagan and Obama standing in front of a fireplace talking about a big chill in the room.  I was Skyping with my daughter, Cerissa, right after that, and she shared with me that her professor often used Xtranormal to send out class information.  "Well, dang," I thought to myself!  "Why in the blazes don't I do that?"  So, I created the following little field trip reminder for our second-grade trip to Crystal Grottoes.




Will this help to make the students more mindful of correct field trip behavior? I doubt it; but, the message is made more palatable by its delivery. That's really what the great part about the 2.0 tools is . . . they make our message - whatever it may be - more engaging, and thus more memorable to our students. My daughter's professor, by the way, is as old as rocks and minerals, and as far as I can tell from our conversations, gets kicked around in conversations just about as much. (She's a little anal retentive I hear). Anyway, I'd advise trying this site out for a good time - and yes, you can call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment