Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Discovery

In reading more of the educational wikis, I found one entitled, "Countdown to Christmas."  I had to get permission to join this wiki, but after a short delay, was granted access.  It turned out that this wiki is being used to post a stairstep of exercises designed to increase Web 2.0 tool knowledge - much like the 23 Things in which we are now engaged.  One of the tools that I found interesting was called Wallwisher. This was a fun way to gather information in a bulletin board format.  Since my K-2 group is having a team meeting on Tuesday, I used it to gather information for the agenda.  Each invited participant was asked to post, on a virtual sticky note, her topic of discussion for the meeting.  Here's how it appears:



This is only as good as the people who choose to use it, so if I don't get any responses, it was just an exercise in creativity - albeit a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment