Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finding a Meaningful Educational Wiki

Week 7: Thing 17

I think I did it! I found an educational wiki extraordinaire - and it transitions so perfectly from my last post - accidentally, I might add.  In my last post, I referenced the workshop that Alecia and Sarah had given during the last school year on Cool New Tools.   Under the C's of  the Educational Wikis, I came across a wiki of a very similar name and had a look at it.  Wow, what a treasure trove of Web 2.0 tools!  It is a reference site organized by type of tool and is complete with links.   Love it, love it, love it!  If you are not, as yet, a member of Wikispaces, you might have to create an account, but it's not as big of a production as is joining some web sites.  Additionally, if you have been at St. John's for at least two years, I think that you already have a Wikispace account because of our Global Village Project. (I might be wrong about that, but I found that I already had an account while I was attempting to create a new one. Clueless!)   The creator, I'm guessing, chose to place this on a wiki so that you or I could add missing tools to it, hence making it a collaborative effort.  Here's the info:

Wiki: Cool Tools For Schools

Teacher: Lenva Shearing (Blog)
School: Bucklands Beach Intermediate School, Auckland, New Zealand
Description: A site to help teachers and students find web2.0 tools to suit their needs and purpose.

I've bookmarked it, and know that I will often refer to this site.  Blimey!


No comments:

Post a Comment