Monday, October 4, 2010

K-12 Online Conferences

Week 6:  Thing 15

I got a little irritated by a post that I read in a 2009 conference.  The discussion was centered around the "creative" excuses that teachers use for not using technology in the classroom.   The following comment was made:

"good grief, how twisted has the education world gotten when we place more value on learning to write cursive than we do on meaningful, collaborative learning about actual subject matter?"

Cursive instruction is "meaningful" instruction in my eyes.  The writer sounds like she's a little too arrogant for my liking and is in need of an attitude adjustment.  I'd like her to write me a letter - in her best cursive handwriting please.  Well, her post was written in 2008.   It's possible that she's come to her senses by now.

Comment on three teacher's blogs:  I will comment when teachers have added posts on which to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment