Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cool New Tool

While reading about blogging today, I came upon one of the greatest educational tools that I've ever seen.  It's called "Glogster" and it allows you to create a poster on any topic imaginable.  I played around with it and created an "All About Me" poster that I can show to my students.  This will be the perfect tech tool to use with my students for our second-grade V.I.P. activity.  I plan to share this site with them on Tuesday, and hopefully many of them will be able to create a personalized poster.  I created a Glogster site for each of them, and now, by using my sign-in information, they each will be able to create their own posters.   I anticipate that it won't be smooth going at first, but since it's a drop and drag application, they shouldn't have too much trouble navigating the site after a little practice.  I anticipate using this site for creating field trip notices for parents and for many other needs.  You can embed the finished product or e-mail it others. 

glogster.com



1 comment: