Sunday, March 27, 2011

Google for Educators

Week 8 Thing 19

     The question posed, "How can you use Google for Educators in the classroom?" is one that is difficult to answer; it's difficult NOT to be able to find an application for the information presented on this site!  From this web site's suggestions, to its lists of references and tools, there's a wonderful smorgasbord of information for the educator.  From my perspective, the difficulty lies in remembering to use what is offered.  It takes time to become familiar with the tools and to get beyond the klutzy stage so that usage is smooth and second nature. I can see myself using Google Earth (found in Geo Education) during my unit on rocks and minerals.  Locating diamond and silver mines throughout the world and then examining them closely would be an engaging way to allow my students to understand the impact of mining on our environment. Using the Book Search feature would be another tool, in addition to Amazon.com, when searching for a particular book.  I have bookmarked several of the tools offered on this site and know that I'll get some mileage out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment